Wednesday, April 27, 2005

One Way of Guaranteeing an A

In twenty-three days from today, I will have officially finished my bachelor's degree. Week thirteen in a fifteen week semester is the first week of crunch time. It’s been an overwhelming week to say the least. Today I had my final presentation for my “Understanding and Creating Art in the classroom,” which consisted of a thematic unit, three lesson plans, biography and an actual art activity for the artist Marcel Duchamp (best known for his “sculpture” Fountain; a urinal flipped upside down and signed “R. Mutt”). My forty-five minute presentation was going well until the end of the slide portion as I was walking to pass out a handout to the students; I knocked my head on the hanging television in the classroom. The next thing I remembered I was seeing stars above my head. Running into stationary objects is something quite familiar to me. It’s not unusual for me to be daydreaming while walking down the street and run into stationary light poles on the sidewalk or bike into parked cars. After my presentation, I wasn’t as concerned with my the big bruise that is emerging from my head, rather….how many pity points do a I get for knocking myself out during a Final Art presentation?

Written While Listening to “On Peak Hill” by Stars

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HILERIOUS! good one maymay - love ur #1 boo fo' life