Monday, April 18, 2005

The State of the Tater

When I was a child, every winter break we would pack all six of my family members and Chuck (my Dad’s best friend and the fifth official child of the Shelley family) in the family suburban and caravan with five other cars that belonged to the Diliberto clan to Sun Valley, Idaho for a skiing extravaganza. The scenic 995.08 miles of the great Western United States we drove through was left mostly unappreciated by my siblings and I, due to boredom and constant fighting in the back seat. The only interesting thing my siblings and I thought the state of Idaho produced was “potato guns” and a ritzy ski resort.

The Idaho House of Representatives has produced a “concurrent resolution stating legislative findings and commending” the writers and producers of Napoleon Dynamite. I am officially changing my previous statement to… The only interesting things the state of Idaho has produced are “potato guns,” a ritzy ski resort, and Napoleon Dynamite.

Written While Listening to "He Woke Me Up Again" by Sufjan Stevens

No comments: