Monday, February 14, 2005

It should just be called "S.A.D"

On this glorious day of St. Valentine, I appropriately start my very first blog entry. As I was walking to class on this muggy morning, cruising along while listening to my ipod, I couldn't help but notice the couples around me holding hands, with their coordinating pink and red outfits mocking my single existence....I couldn't help be reminded of my current state of singlehood. Don't get me wrong...I love my singleness, or at least pretend to. So...i started to brainstorm for alternative Valentine's Day names and I came up with these....
1. "Single Appreciation Day"....after thinking about this name, i immediately threw it out. Single's are NOT appreciated at all on this day, even Hallmark doesn't recognize singlehood on Feb. 14. You can never find a "thinking about you my platonic single friend" card.
2. "Single Depreciation Day"....this one made a little more sense to me. Year after year.... my depreciation is slowly going down. This holiday marks one more year of me losing my value.
3. "Single Awareness Day" Perfect! That's exactly what this is....February 14th isn't about being in love...it's a reminder to all of those who are not in love that they are alone.
So from this day forth, February 14th shall not be referred to as St. Valentine's Day, rather Happy Single Awareness Day!

While listening to L-O-V-E by Al Green

No comments: