Wednesday, February 16, 2005

I Object! On the grounds that the prosecution has provided misleading information!

Besides the minor incident of me having to go to court to convince the Orange County Court System to drop one of my three speeding tickets within a year span, there aren’t too many reasons for me to willingly hang out in a closed room of future lawyers. Within the past few days I’ve noticed posters around campus advertising the pre-law clubs informational session with free Woodstock’s Pizza. The only thing greater than my loathing of argumentative people is my love for free things, so last night I dressed up in my most intelligent looking outfit and even wore non-prescription glasses and made the one block trek to campus in the rain with a goal of getting a free dinner. When we arrived we circumnavigated the room to check out how many people showed up and more importantly how much free pizza the pre-law peeps forked out for this event. As I peaked through a window I was astonished to find only one empty box of pizza. Granted we were 3 minutes late, but still! If you are going to advertise a free dinner….darn it...you better have enough free dinner even for the people who are willing to sit through an hour long informational meeting. So what did I learn from all of this? That tonight I better arrive early to the free ice cream pre-med informational meeting.

Written while listening to Homesick by Kings of Convenience

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Charlotte, why are you sleeping in my bed?" Charlotte said, "there's a bat in my room." I said "Charlotte, there isn't a bat in your room." She said, "There was last night." I said, "Well it's 11am." Charlotte said, "Will the RA chased it out last night." I replied, "Well I still don't understand why you are sleeping in my bed." A sleepy pause: "Because I closed the window to my room last night so that no more bats could get in and when I woke up this morning my room was too hot so I am sleeping here."

Charlotte's dad was a spy.