Friday, March 25, 2005

A Hippopotamus + A Rabbit = A Hip-Hop


Giraleffant
Originally uploaded by mayshelley.

You are probably saying to yourself, "If May talks about Napoleon Dynamite one more time I"m going to immediately remove this website from my favorites website folder (which May magically placed this website in) and re-evaluate my friendship with her." Then I remembered that this is my blog and I'm going to write about whatever I darn feel like writing about.

So here I go....for the past two days I have been substituting at the Alternative-Ed High School that I work at during the summers. The group of students in the class I worked in this week is one of the best groups I've had within the four years. Today I was working with a group of students on Math and somehow we got off topic and I was explaining to them that a Liger is a real animal. The math lesson turned into a Science lesson about cross-breeding of various species. After a few minutes of discussion, the students got on-task and continued with their Math work. In the corner of my eye, I noticed one of my students drawing something instead of doing his math work. The photo on this blog is a picture from my camera phone of his drawing. (Don't worry I have his permission to post it) He thought it would be really awesome if a Giraffe and an Elephant mated, hence the "Giraleffant." What can I say, my students are creatively gifted!

Written While Listening to "First Thing Tomorrow" by Kelsey Bulkin

No comments: