Monday, August 15, 2005

Almost more Stressful than Finals Week....Almost

I’ve returned to the fourth happiest place on Earth….Davis, California. I am currently taking my first class as a graduate student. EDU 120: Historical and Philosophical Foundations of Education…it’s pretty much as boring as the title sounds. A milestone of my new academic career was my first official test as a graduate student. The test wasn’t for EDU 120. It was a pre-requisite test that I must pass before beginning my student teaching in three weeks. It’s a very critical test because the State of California has very high standards and if you do not pass this test you are not permitted to be in the classroom. With my teaching credential and Masters riding on this single test, one can imagine my anxiety. I don’t get the results until I return back to the Health center on Wednesday, but I’m feeling pretty darn confident that I don’t have tuberculosis and therefore, passed my TB test. But, I can’t get too confident….it is a test.

Written While Listening to “Let’s be Still” by Yo La Tengo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe you should see if they offer extra credit...